Whether you are installing a new shower or pepping up your bathroom, shower curtains need attention too. While vinyl and plastic ones are still used, Ecoprene, polyester and fabric varieties are much better for both your health as well as the environment. The Ecoprene curtains are chlorine free and thus, better for health watchers. Vinyl and Ecoprene are more durable too as you won’t find them molding. On the other hand, fabric always looks better than plastic or vinyl. However, if you have a good curtain liner of plastic or vinyl material, there is the elegance of fabric and the water resistant feature of plastic.
Why you need a good shower curtain
- Helps in improving the overall décor and elegance
- Maintains privacy and keeps the floor dry
Patterns and designs
- For the contemporary look opt for a plain background piece with some central design or motif
- Panel patterned pieces that can compliment panel radiators
- One tone curtains help give a balanced feel to the room
High class yet low maintenance
Hemp shower curtains look classy as they are derived from plant fibers close to the cotton strand. What makes them low maintenance is that they are resistant to fungi and bacteria. They stay cleaner for longer though they tend to be slightly more expensive than cotton or linen shower curtains.
Fabric curtains but within a budget
Fabric curtains around a pear shaped tub help in getting that spa or suite effect. Cotton and linen curtains are cheaper than other fabric options and maintain an aura of charm. If you like complementation of colors, even towel sets come along with such curtains to have matching sets of curtains and towels. The minus point is that staining and fungi have a free run. These curtains tend to soak in the moisture as well producing a moldy odor. Plastic or vinyl liners help cut down on the chances of bacteria though frequent curtain washes are called for.
Water resistant and durable
Synthetic materials are great for shower curtains. The top ones in the market are nylon, polyester and vinyl. These are much more affordable and need less looking after. Since they are water resistant, mildew poses no problem. A wide variety of colors and designs are available but they don’t have the appeal of fabric curtains.
Bathroom can give a very different look by having perfect Shower Rail .Your shower space is defined ultimately by the type of railing you use. It’s advisable to have the measurements to a T to avoid unpleasant surprises. As for materials, there are plenty of types to be found. Chrome tends to be retro while wooden ones bring out the country style feel. Bronze gives way to Victorian appeal.
- The straight variety is the most popular and can be easily installed to fit a large array of showers. The curved variety too suits many styles.
- If you have a free standing bath with an overhead shower or the old fashioned yet appealing claw footed tub, circular and oval are the best types of railing as you need no ceiling support.
- L-shaped railings are great for showers that aren’t entirely wall surrounded though you need ceiling supports too.