If you are planning on planting some trees in your garden, then it is very important that you plant the right tree in the right place. Many people make the mistake of thinking that trees can be planted anywhere, but this is simply not the case. Here are some tips to help you out.
- Don’t plant any trees under power lines. This may sound like common sense, but this is a mistake that many people make. You should make sure that no power lines are located within the vicinity.
- Always make sure that the trees are planted away from the house or any surrounding properties. Some trees can grow out of control, and this is dangerous when there are properties in the area.
- Make sure that the area is accessible. If you are planning on paying for tree pruning then you are going to need to make sure that the tree itself is accessible. If you don’t then you won’t be able to get it pruned.
- Think about the sun. You need to figure out how much sun your tree is going to need. Different trees need more or less sun. For a tree that requires only a couple of hours of sun, you should go for a shaded area. For trees that require four to six hours of sun you should go for a partially shaded area, and for those that require at least six hours of sun, you should go for an area that has no shade at all.
- You should also think about how big the tree is going to get to. If it is a tree that is expected to grow metres and metres, do not plant in a crowded area or underneath a roof or awning. Furthermore, if it is a tree that is likely to be significantly larger, it may actually damage other trees and plants in the vicinity.
These are the basic things to remember when it comes to planting the right tree in the right place. If you are struggling, then contact an Arborist who may be able to offer you some advice.
As long as you do some research, then you will be able to find out exactly where different types of trees should be planted. By doing this you can make sure that they are completely healthy and that they grow properly.